Sometimes the stars align…
– You have five starting pitchers on your fantasy baseball roster scheduled to start on the same day (Johnny Cueto, Alex Cobb, Alex Wood, Gerrit Cole, R.A. Dickey).
– Even though you only have four slots for starting pitchers in your fantasy format, one of those pitchers (Wood) is eligible to be started as a reliever.
– None of those pitchers are starting against each other.
– Vegas odds favor your pitcher’s team in all five of these starts.
– All five matchups (and the Tigers game) start at the same time (7 eastern).
– None of these games are blacked out on MLB.TV in your area.
Logical Next Step:
This is clearly the universe telling you that you should activate all five starters, eat Taco Bell for lunch for good luck and skip out of work early so that this awesomeness can happen:
Five starts, ZERO wins. Yes, sometimes the stars align…to trick you into believing that the universe likes you…but it doesn’t…it hates you.